Obama announces energy initiative at Penn State
PBC Editor Andy Elder was among the more than 3,000 people in Rec Hall on Feb. 3 to hear President Barack Obama announce the new Better Buildings Initiative.
Get details of the new initiative, Obama’s comments on the Penn State-led Energy Innovation Hub for Energy Efficient Buildings at the Philadelphia Navy Yard and what a pair of local building experts thought of Obama’s address.
Outlook 2011: Small- and medium-sized business looking up
PBC Regional Business Analyst R. Brock Pronko polled regional small- and medium-sized businesses to get their perspective on the economic outlook for that sector in 2011.
See what respondents to that poll had to say and read those entrepreneurs’ thoughts about the economic year ahead.
Marcellus Natural Gas Development: Building the infrastructure
PBC contributor Daniel J. Nestlerode details the often arduous, complex process of building infrastructure in the booming Marcellus play.
Nestlerode’s insightful story appears on PBC’s Marcellus Marketplace & Resource Page.
In addition to those top stories, you will also find the follow topics on the pages of Pennsylvania Business Central’s Feb. 11 edition:
- Seven Points Marina was voted No. 1 in the nation
- A residential tax abatement program proposed for Williamsport
- Focus on … Biotechnology
- A detailed look at private investment spending in Pennsylvania
- PBC’s latest installment of Who’s In The Park?
- A look at how nurse practitioners are filling the M.D. gap
- For The Record
- And, as always, People Notes, Biz Briefs and much more.